My truck was broken into today at Academy Sports on 41st in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't get how no one saw a guy taking a crowbar to a truck door during the day. Come on people get off Facebook and look what is happening around you.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To the OP. For the sake of educating the rest of us.

Where was the backpack? On the seat or the floorboard? You say they got some snap-on tools? Were those also in the cab in the backpack?

Sorry for your loss but thanx for sharing it with us.

If I have to leave anything in my truck, I'll try to put it behind the seat. I have, on ocasson, left my sidearm in my vehicle when going into certain "gun free" zones like the post office. We must make sure mass murderers feel secure when they come in to do their thing.

And since Academy at the 41st Street location has so little regard for its customers as to not even try to surveil the parking lot, I'll surely not do business with them.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The backpack was in the rear floorboard, The tools were also on the rear floorboard. They also got my new Fenix TK22 light !! I FREAKING HATE THIEVES !!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And now your responsible for whatever the POS does with the pistol according to some folks here.
It sux big time, I had a revolver stolen from my locked truck along with some cordless tools last summer.
Hope you get your stuff back.
Hardly. I don't buy that for a second... if you're talking about "legally", then I think once you report it stolen, then you're off the hook.

If you're talking about morally, meaning a criminal is now running around with a gun you somehow were negligent enough to let them obtain, I think that's a stretch, too.

I have a tool no bigger than an ink pen that can shatter any side window.

I bought one of those for my mother one year for Mother's Day. For some reason she has an inordinate fear of driving into a lake and not being able to get out....Ok Mom.

I bought a knife a couple years back that had a "glass breaker" stud on the back of it. Actually some very similar knives are being sold right now in the classies... interestingly, in all my years in emergency services, only twice have I ever had the need to break a window myself. Once I tried a rock, a screwdriver, everything I could find, and couldn't find anything to help get the guy out of the car. The second time was on my wife's car, when I was trying to get it towed away to a salvage yard for scrap and she had given me the wrong key... I tried the "glass breaker" on the back of that knife and I beat that thing till my damn arm was sore, all it did was blunt the metal stud and scratch the windows.

What a POS. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom