Mythical Creatures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.M.F

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that ducks are mythical creatures that I have only heard stories about. This is my very first waterfowl season and I am quickly becoming discouraged. I have been out several times and still have not shot one duck. I have only seen a few at a very long distance. I even went to Ft. Cobb this morning and received a huge $281.50 ticket from the Highway Patrol. This has been the most expensive and unsuccessful season ever. I hope it gets better soon.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep! Big Foot, Chupacabres and Mallards.... All fictitious! :selfangel

Beside the ticket.... Don't let the hunting get ya down! Find a duck hunter to help you out....Sometimes you are just not where they want to be.

Scout your ponds about 9:00 the previous morning....If they are present...there is a great chance they will be back the following morning!

PJ

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that ducks are mythical creatures that I have only heard stories about. This is my very first waterfowl season and I am quickly becoming discouraged. I have been out several times and still have not shot one duck. I have only seen a few at a very long distance. I even went to Ft. Cobb this morning and received a huge $281.50 ticket from the Highway Patrol. This has been the most expensive and unsuccessful season ever. I hope it gets better soon.

It's still early and dry. The second season is where I have had most of my success in OK.

Stay the course friend. My grandpa always said "Son, you cain't shoot 'em if you don't go."

J.T.M.F

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's still early and dry. The second season is where I have had most of my success in OK.

Stay the course friend. My grandpa always said "Son, you cain't shoot 'em if you don't go."

I know I'm angry now but next time I get a chance to go I will be all jacked up and excited again. I have a really bad sickness that causes me to wake up at 3:30am drive 2hours then walk through cold water then sit in cold weather.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Don't be discouraged - the first-half of the season is for scouting, dry-running, and practicing. When the second-half gets here, walk into your spots like a pro (at like friggin 2:00AM - Duck-hunters don't F!@#$ around when it comes to setting up in their spots) and enjoy the ducks.

Remember, even in the best time of year, the ducks will be there some days, and not others. Don't get into the habbit of showing up every other day like I did for a while - I got an ear-full from my buddies about how every time I didn't show up, the ducks were there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom