Nascar & NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the same people that demand accountability and fiscal responsibility from the government, constantly condemning them for running in the red, is just fine with the NRA risking operating in the red because they believe in the message? We hold those in power to different standards based on personal biases and gains? Really?

Who said the NRA is operating in the red?

I made my points... sponsoring a race isn't just about getting new members. Part of the NRA's mission is to promote the shooting sports and firearms ownership and that is what they are doing.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bruton Smith is an idiot.

Care to explain why?

I can answer that. In an interview with ESPN he [Smith] makes the following statement regarding AR-15 ownership. Right after saying how great of a sponsor the NRA is and how much he appreciates everything they do

"No one individual needs one of those guns,'' he said. "I wish we could get them all and melt them down.'' Bruton Smith, owner of Texas Motor Speedway

FULL ESPN ARTICLE

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who said the NRA is operating in the red?

I made my points... sponsoring a race isn't just about getting new members. Part of the NRA's mission is to promote the shooting sports and firearms ownership and that is what they are doing.

Didn mean that as a statement, was more of a question. Simplified, would you be ok with your NRA running on the fumes of your membership dollar to pick up more members? Spending the dollars you gave, earmarked for firearm safety and education. Do you feel it's an attempt to win the minds and hearts of the people?

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might be shocked to see how much $$ NASCAR spends on their "Drive For Diversity" program in a misguided, PC-inspired attempt to attract non-whites to a sport said non-whites have zero interest in...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can answer that. In an interview with ESPN he [Smith] makes the following statement regarding AR-15 ownership. Right after saying how great of a sponsor the NRA is and how much he appreciates everything they do

"No one individual needs one of those guns,'' he said. "I wish we could get them all and melt them down.'' Bruton Smith, owner of Texas Motor Speedway

FULL ESPN ARTICLE

Oh wow. Ya he is an idiot.

Didn mean that as a statement, was more of a question. Simplified, would you be ok with your NRA running on the fumes of your membership dollar to pick up more members? Spending the dollars you gave, earmarked for firearm safety and education. Do you feel it's an attempt to win the minds and hearts of the people?

Gotcha. I misunderstood your meaning. No I wouldn't be ok with them just spending too much to pickup members. I do view this as a promotional thing... the more the NRA gets themselves out there with everyday type involvement and common sense answers, the more accepted they will be. While I appreciate LaPierre's no nonsense approach, I also sometimes feel that he can be viewed to the non-gun owning public as an eccentric. It's a shame that we don't have another Charlton Heston to be a figurehead and spokesperson. We need that badly right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom