Nashville - Bomb explodes wounding 3 people damaging 25 buildings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one news report I saw yesterday said that there was an audible countdown saying that it was a bomb and would explode in 15 minutes. If true, that’d lend credence to the idea that they only wanted to do property damage, not injure or kill people.
I read that report also but I thought it might have been a suicide.
There was a spate of cases overseas a few years ago, where suicidal people would rent a hotel room and then mix chemicals to make a deadly poison to off themselves, after putting a note on the door warning first responders of the danger.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since no group is claiming credit, a suicide of some unbalanced individual seems likely. How sad. Hopefully this is not the start of a trend of disoriented and depressed people thrown out of touch with reality by negative internet stories. Alternatively, it might have been a disgruntled AT&T employee. It reminds me of the man who flew the plane into the IRS office.
We will likely know soon.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to be a bigger deal than first reported. Airspace is shut down. A significant amount of communication were knocked out in a three state area. This article also has a video and recording of the blast....the voice warning people to leave seems strangely familiar - must be a computer generated female voice. https://www.theepochtimes.com/deadl...inst-aircraft-over-nashville-faa_3633214.html

Have to register to read. Ain't no way they are getting my e-mail address.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) classified airspace over Nashville as “National Defense Airspace” in a temporary flight restriction and said the government could use deadly force against violators.

The FAA may take administrative action, including civil penalties and suspension of airmen certificates, and the federal government may place criminal charges against pilots who violate the restriction.

Deadly force may be used in some extreme cases

The explosion, which happened at the backdoor of an AT&T building, appears to have caused huge damage to the building and brought sweeping communications outages to the Nashville downtown area.

Police emergency systems in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama, as well as Nashville’s COVID-19 community hotline and a handful of hospital systems, remained out of service due to an AT&T central office being affected by the blast. The building contained a telephone exchange, with network equipment in it—but the company has declined to say exactly how many people have been impacted.

Flights out of Nashville International Airport (BNA) were temporarily halted on Friday by the FAA because of telecommunications issues. It resumed with delays on Friday late afternoon

Latest posts

Top Bottom