Natural Mineral Lick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out on some property yesterday and I found what appeared to be a natural mineral lick. It was on an old road bed and there was a wet area about the size of a golf cart that was COMPLETELY covered in deer tracks, the ground was very disturbed. There was about an 8 inch wall at the side of the road that had been pawed at for at least 6 or 7 feet in length. This is the first time I have ever come across something that looked like this and wasn't sure if it was indeed a mineral lick, about the only idea that I could come up with for this kind of activity. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Would this be worth setting up over? Ideas?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had a natural lick in my area, but if its fresh, I'd at least put a trail cam on it, or sit on it for a day or two.
It could be like a scrape line, where 90% of the activity is during the night.

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have on some of the land I mange. Right beside a road and am always running all sorts of animals off of it while driving by. I would take a shot at it and set on it for a day or two and see what happens by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom