Not sure where to begin. Mystery stream on my land (too much water ?!?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chlorine outgasses pretty quick, sunlight or not.

We used to keep a couple of open half gallons of water sitting on the counter for drinking. A few hours and the chlorine taste was pretty much gone. Overnight, it was gone completely.
Exactly. When I had an Aquarium, they recommended leaving the water to top off the tank uncovered for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate from the water.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, what is the standard water pressure for household? Mine hits 130 lbs. Every time I have a plumbing issue, the plumbers turn of my water at the meter then turn it back on full blast. I have spent hours at the meter tweaking it to reduce the pressure with that crude water tool. One smidgen too much and I have a trickle. One smidgen not enough and it's full blast car wash pressure.
Usually 30 #'s sound like you need to get a pressure regulator, I would talk with whoever you get your water from. I know the city had to go around and install some here cause they tied some houses in to the main supply line feeding the towers and to close to the plant and was blowing the faucets off the sinks and busting the hotwater tanks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, what is the standard water pressure for household? Mine hits 130 lbs. Every time I have a plumbing issue, the plumbers turn of my water at the meter then turn it back on full blast. I have spent hours at the meter tweaking it to reduce the pressure with that crude water tool. One smidgen too much and I have a trickle. One smidgen not enough and it's full blast car wash pressure.
Get a water pressure regulator. They are cheap and very effective. We use one in our RV every time we hook up to a new park.
https://www.amazon.com/Renator-M11-...ps,673&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A3Q8OZ8RVUJ409It's adjustable to get the pressure you want. I think household pressure should be around 50 pounds. If it's not enough, the pressure can be adjusted to what you want.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same problem, and I think we live very close to each other. I ended up having to call a plumber out to install a water pressure regulator. They installed it on my side of the water meter, a few feet away, and that brought me down from 115 PSI to about 55 PSI.

BTW the City of OKC Water department will not install anything like a pressure regulator, I fussed and argued and cajooled them and got no result except for no result.

IIRC I used Hull plumbing, I think.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rural water in my area are supposed to have a scheduled maintenance record of the time of month, or quartly to blow off the fire hydrants. Tells me they weren't keeping up with requirements or are short handed and couldn't get to fixing it. Some plants do a water loss evaluation and it would show up on the report. Some places just don't care or have the man power to keep on top of it.
I used to live on a dead end road and rural water had a blow off at the end of the line. At the time they told me I could go open that blow off and let it run for about half hour once or twice a month. Filled a swimming pool a cpl times then they put the kabosh on that because I didn't have a water license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom