NCAA probe of Johnny Manziel raises questions about amateurism rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--ncaa-probe-of-johnny-manziel-raises-questions-about-amateurism-rules-230350855.html;_ylt=AhefXjKyP0MBtNCklVfFC0EJVux_;_ylu=X3oDMTI4aDRlZmVuBG1pdANBVFQgSG9tZSBUb2RheSBNb2R1bGUgSnVtYm90cm9uBHBvcwMyNARzZWMDTWVkaWFBdHRXaWRnZXRyb25Bc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFkcW51ZGliBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3BtaA--;_ylv=3

The NCAA is investigating Johnny Manziel, the Texas A&M Heisman Trophy winner, for accepting "a five-figure flat fee" for signing photos and memorabilia, ESPN reported Sunday.

This guy is headed for a train wreck. He has lots of talent but is in headlines way to much.

Last edited:

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading some sports sites, it seems Johnny Football's family is loaded from way back (think Spindletop oil money) so the question is what would be his motive for taking illegal money that would compromise his eligibility?

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been saying he's a ticking bomb since last fall before he became a big shot. Spoiled rotten rich kid that parties too much (and illegally since he is under age) and craves attention. I hope my beloved Aggies have a backup that can run that offense nearly as well. We were fortunate he made it through the season with his style of play, he may not even get to start the season if this probe uncovers anything. Great example of somebody placing more importance on themselves instead of the team and the University.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They found a picture of the purported witnesses.

See below:

assets.sbnation.com_assets_1697509_Deloss_Dodds_Hugs_Mack_Brown.png

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been saying he's a ticking bomb since last fall before he became a big shot. Spoiled rotten rich kid that parties too much (and illegally since he is under age) and craves attention. I hope my beloved Aggies have a backup that can run that offense nearly as well. We were fortunate he made it through the season with his style of play, he may not even get to start the season if this probe uncovers anything. Great example of somebody placing more importance on themselves instead of the team and the University.

Bad news for you then. A&M has 6 QBs on their roster, but only one has even attempted a pass in a game. And even that guy only has 11 pass attempts...

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Meh. They have to prove the rich kid got paid and so far they say no one even witnessed him getting paid. Personally, I think at his press conference he should sport a cam newton jersey and tell the media to fug off. Just signing autographs is perfectly acceptable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom