NE OK ducks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully we can finally get some cold and nasty days and things will improve!!!

Personally I will pass on the cold nasty weather, I've already had more than enough of it up here in MN. We are only about 1" away from the snowiest Dec. on record:blah:. Add to that the entire month has been averaging about 10-20 deg below average. I think we've only had about 5 days since mid-Nov that were at or above average.

So hopefully there isn't any cold nasty while I am down, and I will adjust an conquer chasing yotes and hogs:woohoo1: I'm staying over in Warner, how hard ya reckon its gonna be to knock on a couple doors and get some places to yote hunt?

Leaving in about 14 hours, sitting at work now just agonoizing the day away:hithead:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about getting permission. You know how us southerners are about yankees....LOL. Your best bet will be public land and I have done pretty well on it for cats and coyotes in the past. You might ask and get permission but sometimes it is hard to find people at home over the holidays or family are there hunting. Can't hurt to ask though if you see a place that looks promising that someone is at home on. Lots of land with absentee landowners that you will have a hard time finding someone to ask. Let me know how it goes.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any good sources of public land maps other than on the net? I have found mas online, but rolling backroads with the laptop and aircard sounds like a lot of work. Up here we have "Sportsmans Connection" atlas' that show really good deatial on public stuff.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there is a brand new atlas of public lands that just came out from the wildlife dept. I bet you will have a hard time finding one in your time alotment though. I might could come up with one today from my game warden buddy but don't know how I would get it to Warner for you.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to go to that length, no chance a bait/sport shop is gonna have one? I probably won't get out to hunt until Mon so I have a bit of time on my side. I might get a chance to run over to some public land Sun, but its areas i have hunted before.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I am officially hijacking my own thread, but heres one for ya. My mom grew up in SE OK (Bromide) and my grandpa used to swear he had seen more than one cougar when he was out running his coon dogs. What is/are the regulations on cougars in OK? The wildlife dept notes that far west OK has the best chance of there existence.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading the below information about hog hunting I am left a bit unsure. If I purchase a NR furbearer license, am wearing the required article of blaze orange I should be ok correct?

The way I seem to be interperting it, I need to have a deer ect tag to take a hog in the holiday antleless season here. Or if I buy a NR furbearer wearing my blaze I would be ok?

If coyote season is open year-round on a WMA, does that mean that hog hunting is open year-round?

Yes, provided that during the firearms deer seasons (muzzleloader, modern gun and special antlerless seasons) you must possess a filled or unfilled deer license for that appropriate season, and you must comply with other regulations that apply to that season (blaze orange requirements, for example).

Resident & Nonresident License Requirements: No hunting license required. All persons pursuing hogs during youth deer gun, bear muzzleloader (in open counties), deer muzzleloader, deer gun, holiday antlerless deer gun (in open zones), elk gun (in open counties) and antelope gun (in open areas) seasons with a shotgun and rifled slug, or any rifle or handgun larger than .22 caliber rimfire, must possess a filled or unfilled license appropriate for the current season, unless otherwise exempt.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tomorrow you don't have to wear any blaze and you can hunt pigs and predators all you want. The holiday doe season ends at dark tonight. You are only supposed to shoot Mt Lions if they are bothering your livestock or a threat to you...."He was coming right at me!" I would sure be surprised if you ever saw one. I'm waiting on my first one still.

Latest posts

Top Bottom