NE OK ducks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Webbers Falls Sunday morning and it was pretty good for a blue bird day. Saw quite a few mallards. We spooked a bunch of ducks setting up in the morning. They worked the decoys well but we were not hidden well enough. Got 14 between six of us and we were just sitting on the bank wearing camo. Good luck.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Webbers Falls Sunday morning and it was pretty good for a blue bird day. Saw quite a few mallards. We spooked a bunch of ducks setting up in the morning. They worked the decoys well but we were not hidden well enough. Got 14 between six of us and we were just sitting on the bank wearing camo. Good luck.

Well hopefully your brother has a couple running around his place. Hoping to hook up with him for a day or two.

Maybe I'll get real lucky and get a chance to hunt a hog too :mosh:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well hopefully your brother has a couple running around his place. Hoping to hook up with him for a day or two.

Maybe I'll get real lucky and get a chance to hunt a hog too :mosh:

He told me you were coming over. He was bragging on those black cloud shells you gave him Sunday. Wish he could take you to the place we were but it was a one time invite. He doesn't know if there is enough water on his place to make a good hunt. Hogs are hit and miss.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
He told me you were coming over. He was bragging on those black cloud shells you gave him Sunday. Wish he could take you to the place we were but it was a one time invite. He doesn't know if there is enough water on his place to make a good hunt. Hogs are hit and miss.

Worse case scenario I know there is public land up on the north end of Eufala that I can probably manage a bird or two. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of my uncles can get me on a farm pond holding birds or something.

As for hogs, they are there when they are there, maybe I'll get lucky enough to be where one is.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worse case scenario I know there is public land up on the north end of Eufala that I can probably manage a bird or two. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of my uncles can get me on a farm pond holding birds or something.

As for hogs, they are there when they are there, maybe I'll get lucky enough to be where one is.

I sure hope so. You can't kill them in front of the TV anyway. Might as well be out hunting. Might even run into a coyote or bobcat out there.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure hope so. You can't kill them in front of the TV anyway. Might as well be out hunting. Might even run into a coyote or bobcat out there.

That would be sweet too. Problem is if I run into a cat, I better have spent the extra $51 on the NR furbearer. Hadn't decided if its worth the extra $ on a complete unknown yet. For the yotes I'm covered with the NR hunting.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can get Dwayne to do some calling for predators with you, it might be worth it. He has trapped enough that he knows where some cats hang out. I seem to call one cat for every 7 coyotes or so. If you want to do some calling, I'd sure spend the money cause there are lots of bobcats around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom