Nebraska Pheasant Season "report"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TOTAL BUST. Not a single pheasant spotted...not a single quail...nada.
TONS of deer, lots of turkey but no upland game to be seen where we were. Talked to the farmers and they said they have only seen two hen while harvesting. Thats not encouraging at all. I know the population out west is getting better...but where we are...not so much.
In the 35 years my dad has been hunting there, thats only the 2nd bust he's had...the first being about 5 years ago. Pretty sad and frustrating.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I know too well how much a busted trip can just flat out suck. The good thing is that such trends can reverse themselves even though that's certainly of little solace to you now.

The Kansas outlook indicated that it should be a good year for both pheasants and quail in the usual hot spots.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20171102-123146.jpg

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typically decent bird hunting around Albion. However the pheasant here have been seriously down for a while. You want to get into good quail hunting here you need to be south of I80. And currently the quail hunting here is really good. The past few winters have been soft and the quail have exploded. One good winter and they are toast, but that hasn't happened yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom