Need a little help here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now I know you aren't really the 12th Imam because an Imam wouldn't eat that " chef Boyardee pasta crap"!

I was born and grew up in Blackwell , and I'm a fellow Kay County hunter too. Where you hunting the Kay or Osage?
I don't get back that way too much but have hunted deer in both Kay and Grant counties.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dennis I use tupperware container to store food in all day sits. Also have a MSR whisper lite stove. I use either a corn boiler or my 2 cup coffee pot. Ill post a pic of my setup wen I get home.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I know you aren't really the 12th Imam because an Imam wouldn't eat that " chef Boyardee pasta crap"!

I was born and grew up in Blackwell , and I'm a fellow Kay County hunter too. Where you hunting the Kay or Osage?
I don't get back that way too much but have hunted deer in both Kay and Grant counties.

I hear ya man, that stuff is nasty but its carbs and protein. Hunt mainly Kay and Osage.

This is what I'm warming up the stuff with. Doesn't take long to get it piping hot.

image-1092184765.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! you guys take food into the field with you.
Shaking my head...I do not even take water.
Indian style...weapon and knife and some string or rope.

I find many things to eat in the field if i get hungry...sour duck weed good stuff.
But i can't blame you for eating...keeps energy up...as it sucks to be out daylight to dark with no food or water.

what about items that do not need cooked..nuts or jerky some PB&J how about a V8
fibrous foods will keep you full.
Sometimes i fish while i hunt ...I have eaten many raw carp. raw crawdads even raw mussels.. Ate a raw scorpion last week. Not the stinger part..i removed 1/2 the tail first :)
Yep my stomach is Y2K compliant.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At my age I prefer a few comforts, like drinks with flavor, hot meals, heated blinds, ect. The more confortable I am the longer I can sit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! you guys take food into the field with you.
Shaking my head...I do not even take water.
Indian style...weapon and knife and some string or rope.

I find many things to eat in the field if i get hungry...sour duck weed good stuff.
But i can't blame you for eating...keeps energy up...as it sucks to be out daylight to dark with no food or water.
a
what about items that do not need cooked..nuts or jerky some PB&J how about a V8
fibrous foods will keep you full.
Sometimes i fish while i hunt ...I have eaten many raw carp. raw crawdads even raw mussels.. Ate a raw scorpion last week. Not the stinger part..i removed 1/2 the tail first :)
Yep my stomach is Y2K compliant.

I spent 20+ years sitting on a 2X10 in the crotch of a tree, climbing on scrub limbs to get there. I've earned my time in a box blind. I only use the heater to warm food. I like it piping hot. Getting warm from the inside is just as important as getting warm on the outside when the temps get into the low 20's or lower.

I've done the thermos thing. Stainless steel Stanley's. Its luke warm by noon when exposed to low temps. I had some wide mouth thermos's designed for food, not drink, but the liner was glass, and they always got broke somehow.

I take some energy bars, and Gatorade, but nothing beats a hot soup or stew. (home made) Tried the progresso and the Cambels ready to eat stuff. Its about as nasty as the Chef Boyardee.

My sausage and potato soup would be awesome, and I can season it the way I want

Latest posts

Top Bottom