Need a Remington 550-1 schematic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks folks!!! Sometimes the gub'mint has filters that wont let stuff like that in. Much appreciated. I got a hand me down 550 this last weekend and it shoots great but it seriously needs to be soaked in some diesel fuel for a while and brushed off.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would anyone recommend against stripping this down to clean it or should I just submerge the action in some diesel fuel or something like that for a day or so just to get the caked on lead and powder off? I'm worried about getting parts for this gun if something breaks.

It shoots great right now, but I want to make sure this gun will last so I can pass it on to my kids just like my grandad to my father and to me.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance folks! I stripped it down last night and I am GLAD I had those schematics...the bolt consists of 15 seperate pieces. I soaked them in diesel fuel for an hour and scrubbed them with a toothbrush and then sprayed everything with carb cleaner, coated everything with oil and voila! New gun. Also used some 0000 steel wool and oil on the barrel and feed tube...it needed it.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
you can't wear one of them out.i've had one since i was a kid it is still a tack driver and it has had thousands of rounds put through it. i di have to replace the bolt and firing pin spring a couple years ago. i ordered al my parts from numrich ( i think that is spelled right). they carry quite a few parts for them.also beels pawn in coweta has parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom