need ccl knife recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhollie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
needing a small one as a secondary weapon... im guessing a fixed blade is the only way to go but which model is comfortable and not too big to carry?

thanks

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May be a self defense tool or may be a useful item to cut open a box or whatever.....then go with the ridgeback fixed blade from bill coye. I had one and sold it and wish i still had it. Probably will buy another.

If it is strictly a self defense tool and money isn't as much of an issue then i'd go with the shivworks clinch pick. Small enough to not get in the way and could easily be worn everyday but big enough to help get someone off of you if need be.

If money is an issue, try ka-bar tdi.

Just have something if you are going to carry a gun in case you have to defend the gun from getting into the wrong hands. If that event should arise a fixed blade will make your job more manageable.

You should get a trainer blade with whatever you choose and practice.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a tdi with a trainer for sale. both have custom kydex sheaths that can be mounted in a variety of ways on the belt clips to get it however you want.

heres the link to the thread:
http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107875 :bolt:

But yes all above choices are excelent and you really should consider getting a training blade that mimics the real blade to practice draws with and such. lots of good defensive knife classes here in the tulsa area as well to get you more familiar with using them in a defensive manner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom