Need chrome plating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstewart

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have some control parts i.e slide stop, safety, etc. that a customer wants to have chrome plated. Anyone know where to get this done in the OKC area. Thanks for any help

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Diversified Plating on Penn behind KP Supply is where we have all of the chrome done for car restoration projects. They handle small parts very well. I would suggest that if you want a very good finish that you take the part to them polished, and don't rely on them to do the pre polishing for you.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nickel plating would be better. looks the same but not as thick so your gun will go back together.
bumper chrome is copper plated first I think, then the chrome applied. drop it or dink it in any way and the stuff starts flaking off. nickel is applied directly to the part and usually won't easily come off.
car parts = chrome
gun parts = nickel

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nickel plating would be better. looks the same but not as thick so your gun will go back together.
bumper chrome is copper plated first I think, then the chrome applied. drop it or dink it in any way and the stuff starts flaking off. nickel is applied directly to the part and usually won't easily come off.
car parts = chrome
gun parts = nickel
Good info to remember

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard chrome is a superb, tough plating for firearms. "Bumper chrome" is pretty much the opposite, and does not stand up well to abuse. Plus, as others have mentioned, the thickness is an issue for firearms.

Here's a Star BM in hard chrome, done by Accurate Plating and Weaponry in Alabama:

img.photobucket.com_albums_v450_Hacker15E_newstar_5.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v450_Hacker15E_newstar_4.jpg

Here's hard chrome compared to nickel:

img.photobucket.com_albums_v450_Hacker15E_newstar_2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom