Safe dial and getting older

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Changing the dial is good, digital locks are NOT good !

I guess I've been lucky then. I have one safe with a digital lock that's 10+ years old and another that's about 3 years old. I've had less problems with the digital locks (zero issues...aside from an occasional battery change) than I've had with the dial locks (only 1 issue).

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I've been lucky then. I have one safe with a digital lock that's 10+ years old and another that's about 3 years old. I've had less problems with the digital locks (zero issues...aside from an occasional battery change) than I've had with the dial locks (only 1 issue).
The one issue with a dial can still be manipulated open pretty easy most times, when that digital decides to give up the ghost you’re drilling it !

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rub auto wax into the dial marks and then rub excess off. The marks should be easier to read and it takes little effort to apply.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dial is chrome plated including the hash marks and the numbers. My vision is not what it used be, and grabbing the flashlight every time I want to access the safe is getting old. I bought one of those little magnetic lights that sits above the dial but that was of no help. I've thought about using some lipstick to rub onto the dial then using a cloth to knock down the high spots but didn't want to make the problem worse. Has anyone else have the same problem or found a solution to this
Are you going to apply the lipstick to your lips first or use straight from the tube?All kidding aside, bright nail polish or bright hobby paint from an arts and crafts store. If it doesn’t work should be easy clean up

Latest posts

Top Bottom