Need help on choosing a ZTR lawn mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say Ridgehunter is right if you have the terrain he's talking about. I've been eyeing a ZTR for a few years, but still haven't bit on it. My dad bought a John Deere z445 a few years ago, and he loves it. Looks pretty solid, Kawasaki engine, and he got a few extras from the dealer. I really like it, and it would likely be the way I'd lean. I'd go Ridge's way, but my lawn is pretty tame, so other than me crashing it into something or dropping it into the occasional hole, it would have a life of relative ease.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Toro 42" ZTR about 18 months ago. I just mow 1/2 an acre and do have some slopes. I love the Toro, I can cut my yard in about 30 minutes compared to over an hour with a standard riding mower. Check out the warranties, my Toro came with a 3 years warranty. Also check the price of the Toro at an authorized Toro dealer. That is who you will be going to if you need any warranty work.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Snapper 48" commercial model with a 19hp Kawasaki from O'Connors back in 2004 and mowed 10 acres with it until about 2008 when I got my tractor. I've got tons of hours on it and no major problems. I still use it for about 2 acres of the land at my new place. I VERY highly recommend Smith's Lawn & Garden over O'Connors. I wish I'd have given them the business instead.

Lucas McCain

Marksman
Reaction score
I bought a Snapper 48" commercial model with a 19hp Kawasaki from O'Connors back in 2004 and mowed 10 acres with it until about 2008 when I got my tractor. I've got tons of hours on it and no major problems. I still use it for about 2 acres of the land at my new place. I VERY highly recommend Smith's Lawn & Garden over O'Connors. I wish I'd have given them the business instead.

I am the oppisite, I would and have bought from O'Connors. I have bought from Smith's before and they just don't have the prices that O'Connors has. O'Connors will beat any price in the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom