Need help with 3 gun checklist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run the orriginal style Choate Machine and Tool 6 round shell caddies. The CCW holders are made for 3" shells and need a real big spacer or the shells fall out, but they come with it. The Choates are made for 2 3/4" shells. I haven't found anything better for me, and believe me I have been given all of them to try and hopefully endorse and I still end up at the orriginal Choate 6 rounder, BUT....that is just for me, some guys just can't get used to grabbing 4 shells out of a 6 round holder so take all of this for what it is worth.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run the orriginal style Choate Machine and Tool 6 round shell caddies. The CCW holders are made for 3" shells and need a real big spacer or the shells fall out, but they come with it. The Choates are made for 2 3/4" shells. I haven't found anything better for me, and believe me I have been given all of them to try and hopefully endorse and I still end up at the orriginal Choate 6 rounder, BUT....that is just for me, some guys just can't get used to grabbing 4 shells out of a 6 round holder so take all of this for what it is worth.

Slackers like me like the 4 rounders because along the lines of what Kurt said I'm faster with the 4 rounders because my grab is consistent on the shells everytime. I started with the 6's and got good with them. When I switched the the 4's I got real good. Almost as fast as Kurt on his bad days.

I like the man mountain engineering aluminum caddies best but the CCW will suffice.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second the cart idea. I have one of those little green wagons that you can buy from grainger or tractor supply for the local matches. When we honorees town to the major matches where a lot of off road walking is required I haul this thing along.
ai613.photobucket.com_albums_tt219_jtischauser_Match_20Photos_SANY0002.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom