Need recommendations for holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My honest opinion is that choosing a weapon/pistol is a helluva lot easier than choosing the right holster! :ugh2:

After literally thousands of dollars and holsters later, I realize that Galco, Safariland and Don Hume are some of the best ones out there.

I even tried the custom route with makers such as Milt Sparks, Uncle Lou Alessi (God bless his soul) Mitch Rosen and Matt Del Fatti, just to name a few. All of which, IMHO, weren't any better than Galco. Ok...maybe just a little, but definitely not worth the wait. :disappoin

Nowadays, seems like leather is a thing of the past and kydex is the new ruler in the holster world.

My advice to you is go to your local toy store(s) and ask the workers there if you can try your EMPTY, UNLOADED gun in some holsters to see which one you like the most. If they are gun savvy folks (like they should be if they work in a gun shop :rolleyes2) they'll be fine with that. Just let them personally see that your pistol is empty by checking it themselves instead of taking your word for it.

While you're holster shopping, be sure to pick up a nice, stiff belt, a mag pouch (uh...you do carry a spare mag, right? :lookaroun) a folding knife of some type (another PITA search for just the right one) and a good tactical flashlight. Flashlights have come a long way over the last 3 or 4 years. They are more affordable than ever and put out some really awesome lumens. There should be no excuse why ANYBODY who chooses to carry a weapon should be without one.

Not all armed encounters happen on sunny, summer days and you can't shoot what you can't see. Get a flashlight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom