Need some help meat grinder repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron sharpens Iron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just called a place that works on electric motors and diagnostic fee is $140/hr. This free grinder will cost me more than a new one if I go down that road. He said sounds like the run winding is not energizing. I could replace the motor if I knew the rpm and form factor but no markings or numbers anywhere on the case. I think Weston doesn't want you to do anything but buy a new one. This shouldn't be this difficult. I've replaced swimming pool motors a few times and it's easy look at identification plate for the following: model number, rated hp, duty cycle, case configuration, and voltage. I then go to the internet and order a new motor.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just called a place that works on electric motors and diagnostic fee is $140/hr. This free grinder will cost me more than a new one if I go down that road. He said sounds like the run winding is not energizing. I could replace the motor if I knew the rpm and form factor but no markings or numbers anywhere on the case. I think Weston doesn't want you to do anything but buy a new one. This shouldn't be this difficult. I've replaced swimming pool motors a few times and it's easy look at identification plate for the following: model number, rated hp, duty cycle, case configuration, and voltage. I then go to the internet and order a new motor.
You should be able to get that info from a dealer. Maybe even get a replacement motor from 'em.

Just a thought. Luck.
___

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Gibson guitar that is about 8 years old, and there's something strange about the finish... a weird tint on part of the top. I bought it used so it's not covered by warranty, but it looks like it came from the factory that way. Like they ran out of a can of stain and finished it with stain from a new can that didn't quite match.

So anyway... I contacted Gibson's Repair and Restore department just to see what it would cost to refinish it. $2800. That's Two-Thousand, Eight Hundred dollars. To refinish it.

Or I could throw it in the trash and buy a brand new one exactly like it for $1499. :rollingla

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This might have the run cap inside the housing.
1645551206428.png

Induction motor
The motor start winding switch is inside.

Single phase centrifugal switch
1645551378098.png

1645551505310.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need one of you smart guys who post in the random things you’ve repaired or anyone for that matter who can diagnose / repair a meat grinder.

The subject is a 1 hp Cabela’s commercial unit made by Weston. I inherited it from my father in la. It will start and only run for about 5 to 6 seconds and then trip the built in circuit breaker. I noticed the cord was in poor condition so I replaced it along with a new circuit breaker, but it still does the same thing. The little bit of windings I can see are good clean coper color. I’ve done about all I know. Electric motors are not my thing.

looking forward to hearing responses

Thanks for reading
The motor was shutting down before the cord and CB change?

Is the CB an inline push button reset?

Latest posts

Top Bottom