Need some work gloves that don't suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okrider

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I keep wearing out the fingertips in all of the gloves that I've tried, no matter the type or brand. I've gone through about 8-9 pairs of gloves since January, Mechanix, Plainsman, thick Walmart specials. I mainly wear them when felling trees, bucking rounds, and splitting and stacking firewood. Anyone use or know of some gloves that will last more than a month?
I've used Tillman, leather, gloves (1424's) for a number of years and have had good success with them.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
In high school, I worked at a planer mill in the summer and we'd use the gauntlet Wells Lamont split hide gloves that all the chicoms imitate now.
We'd only use one pair in about 2.5-3 months because 1. They were high quality and 2. To make them tough, we'd glom the pitch from leaky boards all over the working surface of the gloves. It gets in the leather and coats the outside and turns it into armor...as long as you were using regularly, they wouldn't crack because of constant movement and all the sweat and oils getting in the glove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom