Network Cable Certifiers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is a one time sort of deal I'd just hire it out. If you just really eat the tester or are in the Biz. I'd look into an Agilent 350 or if you could spend a little more. A fluke 1200. You can get used certified ones on eBay with lots of nice extras

It probably would be cheaper to hire it out for this time, but having one would have come in handy several times in the past few years. The Agilent 350 looks interesting, any thing to make sure I look for when buying used?

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just did a quick search..you can rent them for $700 to $800 per week. Just an option.

Those look great, but for my current project I would rather purchase something. I don't mind spending a few thousand on this, but for much more than that I have other things I would rather buy.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It probably would be cheaper to hire it out for this time, but having one would have come in handy several times in the past few years. The Agilent 350 looks interesting, any thing to make sure I look for when buying used?

The Agilent 350 is a great unit especially in the price range. I think they are or were owned by HP at one time ( maybe made products for them at one time ?)

There are a couple of ebay sellers that sell tons of refurbished testers as kits in their ebay store. Look for a calibrated one with a warranty. Also, See if you can find one that might have fiber modules included. If you ever push light you'll want to test it and it makes the unit worth more if you ever sell it

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What, you mean you don't want to monkeypatch any old nasty Cat6 to your edge routers? Come on man, live a little.

I found this example from the web, looks like this guy must be livin' the dream.

attachment.php

Attachments

• office 2 floor_web.jpg
    office 2 floor_web.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 173

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Agilent 350 is a great unit especially in the price range. I think they are or were owned by HP at one time ( maybe made products for them at one time ?)

There are a couple of ebay sellers that sell tons of refurbished testers as kits in their ebay store. Look for a calibrated one with a warranty. Also, See if you can find one that might have fiber modules included. If you ever push light you'll want to test it and it makes the unit worth more if you ever sell it

I appreciate your help with this. It looks like the framescope is the same as the wirescope except it includes network tests? Do you have any experience with the lantek 6?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate your help with this. It looks like the framescope is the same as the wirescope except it includes network tests?

That is my understanding also

Do you have any experience with the lantek 6?

No, I might of played with one at some time but not enough to remember or speak about it. Over the years Ive had the three major Agilent units the original 100 , 155 and 350 all were solid units. The last tester I had was the Fluke DTX-1800. Nothing I have used to date compares to the fluke. It is super fast, easy and quick to get a test stored and setup to test again, Gives great reports and is easy to navigate and understand the information displayed. Downside... New mine was over 11 grand. I bid a government job that listed it as the required tester with a factory Cert / calibrated date within so many months of test dates. I bought it used it for that job and it say for a couple years so I sold it. Now I all kinds of jobs come up I wish I had it to use on.

.,/';

Latest posts

Top Bottom