New 1,100 HP Shelby Mustang runs @ 257 MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? Half that will get you a ZR1 & then you have a Corvette instead of a Mustang. Another $100K in mods on a ZR1 would ensure you SMASHED this Stang's performance and you'd have a far better looking car. This must be something for the hardcore Mustang guys.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a car ... Point A to Point B ... besides GC would NEVER let me go over the speed limit so what's the point? :crying:

(I have a neighbor with a beater mustang sitting in the driveway waiting for restoration to begin. If things go like the Jeep they had it'll be for sale in a few months, but I digress ... She would KILL for that car! :woohoo1: To each their own! :rotflmao:)

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ZR1

corvette's get slapped around daily by alot less...

Gallery: 47 Pictures - See All
Prev 1-6 of 47 Next
BASIC SPECS

Base Price $111,600
Drivetrain Rear Wheel Drive
Curb Weight (lbs) 3353
City (MPG) 14
Hwy (MPG) 21
Horsepower 638@6500
Torque (lb-ft) 604@3800
Wheelbase 105.7
Length (in.) 176.2
Width (in.) 75.9
Height (in.) 48.7

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? Half that will get you a ZR1 & then you have a Corvette instead of a Mustang. Another $100K in mods on a ZR1 would ensure you SMASHED this Stang's performance and you'd have a far better looking car. This must be something for the hardcore Mustang guys.

ZR1's start at $111,000. I guess math was not your best subject.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno... The aerodynamics, frame strength, weight ratio and various other factors make me think that car wouldn't be the least bit safe to be driving anywhere near that speed. The whole basic design just isn't built with anything like that in mind.

Just look at the general design features and (functional) styling of other 200+ MPH cars... Bugatti, Ferrari, Lambo, NSX, etc. It's not even close in basic shape and design flow... I've got to think there's a reason those cars are designed the way they are besides.plain ol' aesthetics...

Latest posts

Top Bottom