New 1,100 HP Shelby Mustang runs @ 257 MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ZR1's start at $111,000. I guess math was not your best subject.

OH! You got me, LOL! My apologies, so for 55% of that you can get a ZR1.

You are right, I made a D in College Algebra. Grammar & Literature were my strong suits, so be sure to keep an eye out for my spelling errors and misuse of logical fallacies too.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather have a hookers and blow for that kind of money.

Fixed that for ya ;)

I kid. I grew up in the car culture, and as much as I like Mustangs and dislike most Fords, there are a lot better platforms for 1,100 horse power... The new Viper... The new 'vette... A '70 Chevelle... Okay, a Chevelle wouldn't turn worth a crap, be man, it'd look dang sexy going strait, really fast.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ZR1

corvette's get slapped around daily by alot less...

Gallery: 47 Pictures - See All
Prev 1-6 of 47 Next
BASIC SPECS

Base Price $111,600
Drivetrain Rear Wheel Drive
Curb Weight (lbs) 3353
City (MPG) 14
Hwy (MPG) 21
Horsepower 638@6500
Torque (lb-ft) 604@3800
Wheelbase 105.7
Length (in.) 176.2
Width (in.) 75.9
Height (in.) 48.7

You telling me that starting with specs above as a build car you couldn't exceed this Mustang's performance with an 80-90K budget for mods?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You telling me that starting with specs above as a build car you couldn't exceed this Mustang's performance with an 80-90K budget for mods?

From what I remember, Lingenfelter did a 1000 something HP 'vette build, but it was based on the Z06, not the ZR1. Because the Z06 uses the 7.0l v8, vs the 6.3l supercharged (?) V8 that the ZR1 uses.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll read the article wrong. The article mentions the 1100HP Mustang then includes a link to an article of a 257 mph Ford GT. It would take an act of God to get a Mustang to those speeds, no matter how much HP the car had. Above 150 mph it's a whole other world of car design. You basically throw everything you know about horsepower and making a car fast and throw it out the window. At those speeds it's all aerodynamics, compressible fluid flow design, controlling area's of high & low pressure, etc. The Mustang just isn't designed to do those types of speeds and it never will.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whoops! I guess all of us should have read the article first, myself included. LOL
The GT performs a little differently than the Mustang.
That makes the $200K pricetag even more unrealistic for me.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if you spend $200K, it is still a Ford at the end of the day. Very well polished turd. Fcked over, rebuilt Dodge. :wink2: Everybody knows that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom