New ar15 build....first one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a nice gun you've got there. I've been thinking about putting one together for myself. I was thinking maybe a del-ton upper and a spikes lower. Although I don't know enough yet to be partial to anything. I've got to get on the ball though, and get it before 2012. And the impending ZPAW.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats a nice gun you've got there. I've been thinking about putting one together for myself. I was thinking maybe a del-ton upper and a spikes lower. Although I don't know enough yet to be partial to anything. I've got to get on the ball though, and get it before 2012. And the impending ZPAW.

A word of advice.... stay away from Del-ton, there's a reason they cost a lot less.
Spikes is good to go.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A word of advice.... stay away from Del-ton, there's a reason they cost a lot less.
Spikes is good to go.

See, now that's the first negative thing I've heard about del-ton. Now dpms, that's a whole other story. But I'm glad to have the advice. I might just step it up a notch and go with the stag like the op did. I am very partial to keeping my brains.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've heard very good things about DPMS actually, and Stag is a really good brand as well.
Do some searches around here in the rifles section and you'll find a lot of info about different AR manufacturers.

The ones that I have personal experience with are Bushmaster, Rock River, Spikes. All were very good and reliable brands.
I've sold all of them and currently own 2 Spikes AR's if that tells you anything.

Other good brands would be:
Noveske
Bravo Company (BCM)
Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)
CMMG
YHM
there's others out there but they're slipping my mind right now.

Last edited:

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard very good things about DPMS actually, and Stag is a really good brand as well.
Do some searches around here in the rifles section and you'll find a lot of info about different AR manufacturers.

The ones that I have personal experience with are Bushmaster, Rock River, Spikes. All were very good and reliable brands.
I've sold all of them and currently own 2 Spikes AR's if that tells you anything.

Other good brands would be:
Noveske
Bravo Company (BCM)
Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)
CMMG
YHM
there's others out there but they're slipping my mind right now.

Larue
Colt
Vltor almost makes a complete rifle
Knights Armament

Latest posts

Top Bottom