New Flag Pole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my telescoping flag pole at the State Fair about 7 years ago along with the solar light at the top.
I am on my 2nd light in the 7 years. The flag pole has held up really well as far as wind. I normally fly two flags, the American flag and my OU flag and they both have withstood 50 mph plus winds coming off of Grand Lake during storms. After the last big storm when I let the pole down and then went to put it up again, one of the pole locks stopped working. It will not hold up its portion of the pole. I tried everything I could think of so I finally extended the pole on the ground, drilled a hole through to pole and put a pin through it. Now it will last forever. LOL! So now all but one section telescopes up and down. It beats buying a brand new pole.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After doing some research last night I'm back to my original idea of making a pole from 2 3/8 oilfield pipe. I have to buy a few more to finish my fence project. Found a couple of YouTube videos of guys that did the same. Then, I realized that I may be able to use the conduit for the electric to my shop that runs through my front yard to run electric to the pole for a light rather than use solar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom