New Ithica 1911...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thirty-five hundred bucks? If Niles Crane carried a gun, it'd be this one. Might as well give it up now and get a matching purse and earrings.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And for that price you would think it could handle loading any bullet profile thrown at it.

Personally the swirl marks on the barrel, guide rod, and mags are ugly, in my opinion.

Ugly is putting it mildly. Honestly, the only things that need any "polishing" that I care about on a 1911 are on the inside. I'm also not into any gun that has all the edges melted down. I like a nice dehorn but it should still look like a 1911 when it's done right.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And for that price you would think it could handle loading any bullet profile thrown at it.

Personally the swirl marks on the barrel, guide rod, and mags are ugly, in my opinion.

That's called jeweling.... it appeals to 1911 shooters that are 86 years of age and up.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ugly is putting it mildly. Honestly, the only things that need any "polishing" that I care about on a 1911 are on the inside. I'm also not into any gun that has all the edges melted down. I like a nice dehorn but it should still look like a 1911 when it's done right.

Agreed.

That's called jeweling.... it appeals to 1911 shooters that are 86 years of age and up.

:laughup:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LDP and GED are gonna have your hide for that! :pms2: :drunk2:

Well now that you brought me into this thread, I didn't post cause I'm still trying to hold the vomit down after looking at that gun an its price. Do I like to shine up my stainless revolvers? Yes I do, but I also like to polish my blued ones as well, but that thing Ithaca call's a 1911, well someone needs to go slap their head designer. Besides my 1911A1 looks nothing like that!!
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom