New lake record for Sooner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This striper was caught over the weekend at the discharge of Sooner lake.
23 lbs and certified a new lake record. Note the lack of a big belly. It should have weighed 30 lbs, but they are hurting for shad to eat. The Zebra mussels eat a large portion of plankton that the shad feed on.

[Broken External Image]

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great fish! I remember the days when those could be caught on occasion from Texoma. However I do believe those days have passed due to the heavy striper fishing industry on the lake.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a nice fish. I wish we could find a way to put a stop to those zebra muscles. I fear they will be taking over out here in western oklahoma before long.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice fish! I recognized him that he was the same guy who caught the lake record largemouth bass came out from Sooner Lake; last year he caught an 11 pound largemouth bass...

kh496f

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am truly jealous... Ive made that hike carrying alot of fishing gear before.. Can honestly say I dont think I would ever do it again.. fishing was great caught lots of catfish.. after sacking up on fish and walking back, it SUCKED...

Latest posts

Top Bottom