New Oklahoma Firearms Laws for 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are they considering a "technology center"?

A vo-tech location of a highschool?

A technical college?

Basically, if it's part of CareerTech. The schools that used to be called XXX Area Vocational Technical School or whatever have been called XXX Technology Center for years now.

Here's a list that's probably accurate.

So instead of treating CareerTech locations as high school campuses, they are being treated as college campuses when it comes to firearms laws.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So do I understand correctly,
that i would have to get permission before having/keeping a weapon in my auto on vo-tech property.

No.

You can keep it in your vehicle as long as the vehicle remains on property set aside for the use of a vehicle (parking lot or road, basically). There is no consent required to leave it in your vehicle.

However, the technology center may, like colleges, authorize personal carry in certain areas by way of policy, or they may also authorize an individual to carry on their person in writing. In the case of written authorization, the written authorization must be carried on your person in addition to your Concealed Weapons License.

Latest posts

Top Bottom