New Pistol! Colt Gov't Model 1911 in 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you plan to change anything about the pistol?

I don't think so. I sure like tinkering with them, but I'll probably leave this one alone and just shoot it. I wanted a 1911 in 9mm (was really looking for a Commander) and kinda lucked into this one. It has a fine fit and finish, and the trigger breaks at 4.5 'ish on my scale already. I kind of like the plain-Jane Government Model stock look and feel. Now, don't hold me to that...I could end up trading the thing on a whim (it happens) and get a 9mm Commander after all...then yeah, I'd tinker-toy the heck out of it probably, and carry it some too. This big old thing is gonna be a range gun mostly, I carry a Colt LW Commander in .45 ACP most of the time these days when I'm not toting my G43. But a 9mm Commander would see some carry time.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you plan to change anything about the pistol?

Oh, yes, I forgot one thing I DO have in mind for this pistol: The round count. I'm going to greatly change the round count through this gun! I mean, it's a full size stainless steel Government Model in 9mm; what am I gonna do? Wear it out? Not in my lifetime! This Colt should run forever if one just adheres to regular maintenance and changes the recoil spring out as suggested.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, yes, I forgot one thing I DO have in mind for this pistol: The round count. I'm going to greatly change the round count through this gun! I mean, it's a full size stainless steel Government Model in 9mm; what am I gonna do? Wear it out? Not in my lifetime! This Colt should run forever if one just adheres to regular maintenance and changes the recoil spring out as suggested.
Sounds like a good plan!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can I get an amen? I say; CAN I GET AN AMEN? On top of this very, very nice Colt 1911 9mm that shoots, as Jimmy puts it, "like a laser" , and which by the way has an absolutely fantastic factory trigger, we shot his Yost-Bonitz Custom 1911, (what a treat) and we both put a few rounds through a beautiful blue Colt 1911 (what else?) that was made in 1.9.1.4. - (verified by Colt 's website). We shot his new Glock 43 and some .22 rifles too, but we should have done those first cause today was basically 19/11/1911.

We rounded out the range day letting a young guy who had never shot a 1911 before put some rounds through these...you'd of thought both Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny threw him a Birthday Party! He was dead on target with his first go at it! But dang, I'm convinced you could put that 9 mm Colt Government Model in a monkey's hands and he'd be drillin' bulls too; it's just one of those pistols that almost shoots itself.

Great day.

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another 100 rounds through this sweet shooting pistol today. It just almost aims itself; it's like it's got the force with it or something. It has to be a combination of the weight, the 5" barrel, the crisp light trigger, and of course, the man pulling the trigger. Whatever, it sure is a nice gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom