New Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense Load

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Academy today and I saw these new shells on the shelves.

It looks like a turkey load in a fancy new box and a jacked up price. ($25 for a box of 10 )

Is there something I'm missing about these shells? I don't see any reason why I would want to use these to protect myself.

[Broken External Image]

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Academy today and I saw these new shells on the shelves.

It looks like a turkey load in a fancy new box and a jacked up price. ($25 for a box of 10 )

Is there something I'm missing about these shells? I don't see any reason why I would want to use these to protect myself.

They have to pay the models that are pictured. I don't see why they wouldn't work for home defense, but I believe some more economical 12 gauge shells could be found. Although it is your family, are they not worth $25? :tounge2:

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have to pay the models that are pictured. I don't see why they wouldn't work for home defense, but I believe some more economical 12 gauge shells could be found. Although it is your family, are they not worth $25? :tounge2:

I'm old school and I'll keep my 00. ( and for $14 for 15 rounds @ wally world )

With as many advancements that have been made in bullet technology one would think that at some point someone would make a better 12 gauge home defense load.

Like I said, it just looks like one of their Turkey loads in a fancy box.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just funning you about the cost. Like I said I am sure some more economical 12 gauge shells could be found. 1 to 1 1/4 oz of lead in a home defense distance isn't going to matter if its 00 buck or number 4's to an intruder.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are smaller than 00. I found someone who donated a shell I could disect. They look like a turkey round to me. Maybe they are trying to push the "wont go through walls thing". Ill stick to my cheap 00, though.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just funning you about the cost. Like I said I am sure some more economical 12 gauge shells could be found. 1 to 1 1/4 oz of lead in a home defense distance isn't going to matter if its 00 buck or number 4's to an intruder.

It will matter. The sectional density of the shot as a whole will be way less with bird shot. This is why it makes shallow superficial wounds. I would not trust bird shot in any defense situation.

00 or bust for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom