New Rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaneS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, since this is my first post here, just wanted to say hello and ask a couple of questions! Just got 2 new rifles in my collection from my grandfather who recently passed away. He was a Marine and Korea Vet, and since I was in the Army I guess he felt they were best suited for me. He left me an M1 Garand and an M1 Carbine. Since these are new to me I am trying to learn as much as possible about them. The Carbine I believe is made by Universal and I was also wondering what all after market bits there are available for these two. Also in my collection are a Russian Mosin Nagant and a Japanese Arisaka. Would love any incite to any thing about any of these rifles!!! Thanks for all the good info so far that I have gotten from Ok Shooters!

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not many after market parts for the M1 or the carbine except stocks and flash hiders. Mine don't wear anything they weren't originally issued with. The Carbine, being made by Universal, doesn't use G.I. parts. These were made after the U.S. M1 Carbine was out of production. Maybe a few parts will interchange but the important ones won't. The Carbine doesn't have the value a U.S.G.I. carbine does. They, also, don't have the quality, some of the parts are early (investment) cast. I've seen several with broken bolt lugs and they never fired any ammo other than factory. If they were your Grandads, hang on to the for their sentimental value. They are what they are. The Garand fires Ball M2 U.S. Caliber .30. Don't feed her just any .30/06, make sure it's Ball M2 or the equivilant (Hornaday makes some ammo just for Garands and Springfields) or you can damage the rifle.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surplusrifle.com is a pretty good source of information. A universal M1 carbine, as noted above, not that valuable. Go ahead and shoot it and enjoy it if it works OK. There should be quite A few aftermarket parts for the M1 carbine that will fit. Look at cheaper than dirt, tapco, and midway to get started. Don't forget, a google search for m1 carbine or m1garand will turn up pages and pages of information

LaneS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
M1 Carbine first
ai725.photobucket.com_albums_ww258_caboose715rain_Gun_20Collection_PICT0861.jpg

ai725.photobucket.com_albums_ww258_caboose715rain_Gun_20Collection_PICT0859.jpg

Then Garand
ai725.photobucket.com_albums_ww258_caboose715rain_Gun_20Collection_PICT0854.jpg

ai725.photobucket.com_albums_ww258_caboose715rain_Gun_20Collection_PICT0853.jpg

ai725.photobucket.com_albums_ww258_caboose715rain_Gun_20Collection_PICT0852.jpg

Latest posts