New Ruger American 22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll stick with my old Remington 514 single shot. It's not pretty (in a conventional gun way) and the trigger moves around like a wagging dog tail but it's the first gun I ever owned :). The front sight was broken and the previous owner had relegated it to a dusty corner for who knows how many years. For whatever reason I wanted it and the owner thought it would be cool to pass it on to a little girl so he sold it to me for the grand sum of $10 (which I had to borrow from my dad) but the memory of buying my first gun was something I'll never forget.

It didn't go over well with my mom but she knew my dad had taught me all about gun safety and I wasn't going to misuse it. It was old and not very pretty but then, as now, I think it's beautiful. Not having a front sight was a little problem but my dad quickly solved it with a Christmas present of a brand new Bushnell scope. I was amazed by it, I'd never even looked through a scope before and now I had my I own! Dad would laugh that the price of the scope was ten times the price of the gun lol. He took the rifle one day without me knowing and had it drilled, tapped and scope bases mounted and delivered it with my new scope mounted. I spent years and years out in the pasture target shooting anything I could find from cans to abandoned junk long since half buried in the soil.

After about twenty years the scope crosshairs broke after the gun fell out of the cabinet and the rifle sat ever since unused until last year when I decided to replace the scope and take it to the range. I was tickled pink to find she still shot one tiny group...

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many times a minute does he say "Ruger American Rimfire Rifle"?

Quinn does seem to get just a l-i-t-t-l-e b-i-t r-e-d-u-n-d-a-n-t, doesn't he.:):rollingla Otherwise, good information/article. I think that Ruger needs to get a shorter moniker for the Ruger American Rimfire Rifle along the lines of the 10/22, the 10/77, etc. That would make it a whole lot easier for Quinn, other gun writers and all of us Ruger fans, ya think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom