New Ruger American 22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I've been kicking around a small caliber varmint rig to compliment my .223 stuff and the American in 22 WMR is looking pretty good.

I am pleased as punch with my compact RAR WMR. The fiber optic sights work better than I expected, but I still want to install some tech sights and pick-up one of these now, since I've already got three magazines for it:

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/1107-trimagnum

MikesB12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a local shop yesterday that carries almost exclusively Ruger products. All he had for the American in .22 WMR was the compact version, which shouldered nicely and is plenty light. I think for accuracy the standard version would be necessary, he said he's ordered them, but no idea when they'll be in....

Fast forward to this morning and my wife had to make an unexpected trip to Norman. Academy had the .22 WMR in standard version and I gave it a new home.

Useless Academy fact: They had zero boxes of .22 Mag visible. None on top of the counter at front, none on the shelf, none on the shelf near the gun rack.... I asked the kid if he had any hid out, sure enough, from somewhere under the counter he produces 3 CCI Maxi-Mag boxes. Said they're reserved for persons who buy a new gun only.

Oh well. New gun, 150 rds and time to kill. Now it's raining.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love my RAR, maybe more than my 10/22! Here it is in a Boyd's stock. The original stock is great, but the wood takes it to another level.

Attachments

• image-2678653582.jpg
    image-2678653582.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 195
  • image-466608632.jpg
    image-466608632.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 229

Latest posts

Top Bottom