New S&W M&P Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjtiii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a S&W M&P pro 9 about two weeks ago. It's only my second handgun. Got a good deal on it and have had it out once. Really shoots well. Had tried a couple Glocks and a Beretta 92 prior to buying this. Would like to try a XD and a Sig to compare.

Any thoughts on this gun?

Fjtiii

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love it. Great gun. I shoot it in IPSC competitions. If you want to be even better, have Olyeller do a trigger job on it.

B

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the love. I've had mine about three months now. Great sidearm.

Stock it runs a 4.5 to 5# trigger pull. Yeller does some astounding work as well, but before I had figured out he was so close, I had ordered and put in an Apex sear and firing pin block. I ended up with a 2 to 3# trigger that is nice and crisp. For $40 and some time (I love to tinker, so this was *right* up my ally anyway) you can end up with a pretty good setup.

I'm currently using mine in IDPA, it flat rocks.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe you will enjoy the S&W M&P9. I have shot Glock's, Sig's, 1911's, CZ's and various S&W semi auto's. I prfer the ergonomics of the S&W M&P9 pr S&W99. I actually prefer the unique ambidextrous mag release of the S&W99.

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mine and it gets shot quite a bit. Probably around 300 rounds a week. I did put some Ameriglo Operators (green front yellow back) on it but that is the only upgrade I have made.

I saw in the S&W 2010 catalogue they are coming out with a M&P Pro 40 that will probably make it on my wish list very soon.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought a S&W M&P pro 9 about two weeks ago. It's only my second handgun. Got a good deal on it hand have had it out once. Really shoots well. Had tried a couple Glocks and a Beretta 92 prior to buying this. Would like to try a XD and a Sig to compare.

Any thoughts on this gun?

Fjtiii

I have a PRO9 that has had the Accurate Iron trigger/action job and it is fantastic! I also have a M&P9 4" that is set up the same way.

I also had him put the smaller fiber sight on both.

Your M&P PRO9 is an awesome pistol and you will enjoy it for years to come! I can't recommend them enough or the Olyeller work! Both are worth every penny!

Latest posts

Top Bottom