New scope at the range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first vortex in the Diamondback Tactical model mounted on a 16” AR that I built during the high price days from used parts folks were selling cheap. Pencil barrel and all. Been pretty much a safe queen over the years but the used scope that was also bought then always seemed to not be focused right. Something just wasn’t right with it.
After 10 or so shots to move the zero to target center and 1” high, shot for group at 100 yards and man was I surprised. 6 shots that can be covered with a dime from a mil spec trigger. The two in one hole on the right were trigger issues.
I’ve got a Timney hanging on the peg board, so it will have a new home shortly.
55 grain HPBT from Hornady in my reload.

7023109a4aefd7429edfabf2271b718c.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice shooting and at 100 yards I say it is more you than the scope :)
But excellent either way.

Was it easy to get eye position? what power did you use and if high power was parallax an issue and is it adjustable??

How is the clarity..Can you compare it to a Nikon for us. If you have a Nikon.

I have only looked through Diamondbacks in the store. I know once you get outside and shooting things look much different.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice shooting and at 100 yards I say it is more you than the scope :)
But excellent either way.

Was it easy to get eye position? what power did you use and if high power was parallax an issue and is it adjustable??

How is the clarity..Can you compare it to a Nikon for us. If you have a Nikon.

I have only looked through Diamondbacks in the store. I know once you get outside and shooting things look much different.

I’m pretty much a fanboy of Nikon. Several monarchs, one lone buck master and a couple pathfinders.
I was using 12 power and the eye relief was very good, with good clarity on the glass.
Nikon has a well deserved reputation of low light transmission. That’s the only aspect that I can’t compare unless it would be a side by side comparison so conditions would be identical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom