New Sports Illustrated Swim Suit issue is out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this woman feels she is unhealthy, that is her choice how she lives her life. If we want to critique obesity in this country then we probably should start elsewhere though.
I don't know, seems like a public attempt to make obesity glamorous in a national media pub is fair game for criticism.

It doesn't really matter if you are obese and you 'feel' healthy or unhealthy. You are unhealthy.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She's not unattractive, however as humans we have definitely stopped idealizing beauty. We used to strive for a healthy and firm body, now we strive for that next hamburger at McDonald's. With the ways things have been going I am surprised their Cover Girl isn't a guy, however I think that's been done. I won't be buying another copy of Sports Illustrated again.
I also though "Well at least it isn't a dude in a bikini."

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
beauty is cultural and there are studies out there that show what different groups think are 'ideal'. Some places it's small women, others it's bigger women. But it's not a static thing, either within our society or across time.

If this woman feels she is unhealthy, that is her choice how she lives her life. If we want to critique obesity in this country then we probably should start elsewhere though.
"No fat Chicks!"

-Jesus

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
beauty is cultural and there are studies out there that show what different groups think are 'ideal'. Some places it's small women, others it's bigger women. But it's not a static thing, either within our society or across time.

I can agree with what you are saying, and yes I believe in many cases how much one weighs is choice, however may be more difficult for some than others. I think the debate is more about are they trying to normalize women who may be "overweight" (no polite way to say it), have norms of men seeking women or what they find attractive changed, or is this issue simply virtue signaling? I do not believe the original post was making fun of her. One has to ask, is SI truly trying to sell magazines or do they have an agenda?

As for the latter part why did they choose this model, the issue has traditionally been about what type of women men want to see, not the model's choice if she feels good about herself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom