New Sports Illustrated Swim Suit issue is out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No rules here, other than let the market decide. I’ve never purchased SI, and likely never will.

This glorification of lardasses in advertising is simply catering to a group that would rather be comforted than face reality.

It’s not a bad thing for me. Wife is in the medical field, so this widespread obesity epidemic ensures a steady stream of future patients.
so the market can decide with regards to the magazine but when it comes to plus side gals, it's 'advertising is simply catering to a group that would rather be comforted than face reality,' and not just another reflection of the market moving to provide a service as needed?

ozempic is going to change a lot of things for a lot of people. But it can't change our bad habits.

Seems like we are more worried about the symptoms and not that actual disease if we think that this type of advertising is the cause of our obesity issues. Maybe we should look at the reason our society is in this position, food sources, sugar consumption, sedentary lifestyle, etc and not just make it about blaming the end user.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OBESITY is a pandemic in its self. We already have quite a few out of shape and diabetic level fat. Kind of proves that having a wife at home that takes care of the food preparation is a lot healthier. All the restuarants and McD's have over processed and made fat and sugar taste like they want with additives. Life was sure better in the 50s,60s, and 70s. I still prefer my women to look and be "healthy". Big girls are going to have health issues sooner or later and then who is going is goint to take care of our old lazy butts? That "Hun, would you bring me another beer" will end up with a Grizzly Bear standing in front of you. Demanding some perverse form of Sex involving your power tools and a varmint call in the back ground for the "mood" music. Remember its all OK in todays world of DEI!

Latest posts

Top Bottom