new to IDPA style shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:soldiers:ok folks I'm new to this kind of shooting and found out that my EDC pistol isn't allowed.:cry3: can I use a .357 revolver? and where can I find out what size it has to be?
Thanks and don't bash me to bad :rollingla

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
:soldiers:ok folks I'm new to this kind of shooting and found out that my EDC pistol isn't allowed.:cry3: can I use a .357 revolver? and where can I find out what size it has to be?
Thanks and don't bash me to bad :rollingla

Lots of folks here can answer your questions. I would have to check out the IDPA website. That is where I would recommend you start.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:soldiers:ok folks I'm new to this kind of shooting . . can I use a .357 revolver? and where can I find out what size it has to be? . . . :rollingla

In IDPA, a .357 revolver shoots in Stock Service Revolver division (SSR for short). SSR is essentially stock 4" barrel six-shot revolvers, shooting what amounts to .38 Special +P ammo. Yes, virtually every SSR shooter runs reloads to make the 125,000 minimum power factor. Typical SSR guns are S&W 19/66's and 686's. For the rest of the rules on SSR, read the IDPA rulebook pg. 25.

Latest posts

Top Bottom