New to me Browning BDM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slim thru the slide and slim thru the grip, now that I think about it. It makes for a great carry gun with its slim profile. They came out just as the '94 assault weapons ban took affect, so there were limited amounts of 15 rd mags made. A brilliant design, really, but ill-timed and thus ill-starred. A full size carry weapon with a 10 rd magazine just wasn't gonna sell. I'm really surprised 15 rd mags are still around. I had a hard time finding any 5 or 6 years ago. Congrats on your purchase!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The BDM is a falling star because of when it appeared on the market. If it had come out earlier or after the ban expired it would have done better I think. I have one hiding in my safe along with seven 15rd mags. If she wasnt such an odity I would carry her, but now she's just a rare bird an will stay locked up till its passed down to my son right along with my two MK-III High Power's.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty neat find though. Never have shot one. Phooey on that “revolver mode” noise though, if I wanted that, I’d buy a ...(wait for it...)

....revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Tried the revolver setting and it is pretty useless LOL, it is different though and everything else is great!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never shot one either. The 1911 type safety on it works backward, IIRC (moves up to fire). That was too different for me.

Same way the safety works in the Walther PP pistols. And that comes with a unique set of problems, like when the safety lever wants to fall, or drop, down into “safe” when you’re shooting. At the range, that is a PITA. Out in the dark parking lot of the local Stop and Rob, it could get you killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I will bring this to the next ENS(hint hint:cool:) Don't think the safety falling on will be a problem, pretty solid and it also doubles as a decocker. May never carry this unless I feel comfortable with muscle memory telling me this gun is safety down. Will prolly only ever carry my 45 Shield or 1911 just because these two guns just feel right and are the ones I shoot the best!

Latest posts

Top Bottom