newbie learning about parts(need help)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not looking to sell or Trade @ all (just looking for info) plz

traded for a couple clean nice looking AR pistols but have no idea how to determine what kind /brand of parts are they made of. hoping a few of you maybe able to offer some helpful info. mainly the uppers or more expensive parts.

not familiar with the optics, solosun seems to work but I don't think either are sighted in. the trijicon seems to work but the mount seems to move some so it may need to be tightened up a little. remove or replace ? thoughts

1. one is 9mm on a KE Arms Billet lower (said it cost $1,600 to build). being New to AR's not at all sure about how to find out what other parts are there or who makes them, since there are not many makers marks, numbers or anything an untrained eye can see. your help appreciated on barrel, what kind of break this is, if the lower and upper are made by the same company /also bolt etc if so. I have other pictures just trying to get some basic info my service may not be great ATM so they were taking to long.

2. Second one is on an Aero lower it has 5.56 on the barrel, same questions it is left handed with a different BCG than I have ever seen. unique flash hider or whatever it's called on a pistol.

had a few guns I didn't want and the gun show had a few guys with AR's they didn't want anymore. just swapped for them no cash on either end. one guy said someone owed him money and gave it to him and he didnt want a pistol AR, the other guy knew more but it didn't make sense to me, all Greek. both weapons seem nice and almost like new overall condition, maybe high quality nice builds.

Attachments

• 20220818_220311.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220818_220349.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 0

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Photos don't show up for me but I hope you didn't get taken advantage of at the gunshow.

A lot of the sellers there are just looking for folks that don't know what they are getting, to separate them from there money.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Photos don't show up for me but I hope you didn't get taken advantage of at the gunshow.

A lot of the sellers there are just looking for folks that don't know what they are getting, to separate them from there money.
no money just guns, I'm happy as a kid at Christmas! trust me what I had to what I have now I know who got the best deal, but they felt just the same as me so who knows!!

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got pics of the 9mm?

On 5.56 gun I see:
Strike Industries bolt catch
Midwest Industries flash can muzzle device
Aluminum buttstock found here.
Handguard probably from the same site as that stock, lots of people make simple knockoff rails in-house now.
I thought that safety was Battle Arms Development but not sure now.

As mentioned it's a Gibbs left hand upper, and you already know the grip is a B5 pistol grip.
Can't tell anything about the barrel without the handguard off but it looks pretty short to me. 7.5"?
Need to see inside to identify trigger.

I'll withhold my opinions about these parts because I don't want to taint or alter your excitement.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got pics of the 9mm?

On 5.56 gun I see:
Strike Industries bolt catch
Midwest Industries flash can muzzle device
Aluminum buttstock found here.
Handguard probably from the same site as that stock, lots of people make simple knockoff rails in-house now.
I thought that safety was Battle Arms Development but not sure now.

As mentioned it's a Gibbs left hand upper, and you already know the grip is a B5 pistol grip.
Can't tell anything about the barrel without the handguard off but it looks pretty short to me. 7.5"?
Need to see inside to identify trigger.

I'll withhold my opinions about these parts because I don't want to taint or alter your excitement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom