1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Next Suppressor

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by NikatKimber, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Erick

Erick Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If I was in your position, I would get the Silencerco Omega 300 to fit the need of all your rifles. I have the AAC 762sdN-6 and I use it for several rifles. The Omega is newer technology and has a better attachment in my opinion. For the Pistol, I would get a 45 size. You may one day find yourself needing to suppress the easily suppressible 45 ACP and you would be stuck buying/waiting for another. I find no major difference suppressing a subsonic 9 through my 45 Ti-Rant.

2. nine78guy

nine78guy Marksman

anyone have or played with the Griffin Armament Optimus?

3. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I don't. But if you have a .308 host quality threaded at 5/8-24, I should have everything else to make it happen.

4. Thomas

Thomas Sharpshooter

NikatKimber..... After hearing some of the other dedicated suppressors on the market, I am happy with what the Hybrid is, but not super impressed with its overall performance. Maybe it has something to do with only having the stock endcap, but I have shot .223, .45, and .308 through it. It is good enough to remove your hearing protection at the range (which alone is a huge plus.)

If you decide, I am in BA and you can try mine.

5. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Alright, with the baby due at the end of December, it doesn't look like I will be down to OKC any earlier than mid-Jan. I was hoping to pick a suppressor and get it going before christmas.

@Thomas I might try and take you up on that. I have a friend with an AAC 762 that I might try to bring out also so I can compare to a dedicated .30 cal can. Where do you like to shoot?

6. Thomas

Thomas Sharpshooter

Sorry for the late response. Typically I go shoot out at North American (NAARGC). Its quick and convenient for me as I live in BA.