night vision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anybody suggest a decent low priced night vision monocular. i just need something i can watch an area from a couple hundred yards away in the dark

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you too much. Unfortunately night vision and low price almost never go hand in hand. It would be helpful if you could expound a little bit. What's your definition of low cost? How clear do you need to see? Ambient light? A lot comes into play and it would help if we knew what the budget and requirements were.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a quick search for 2nd Gen Night Vision (IMO 1st gen isn't worth even looking at). Cheapest monocular I found was $1500 dollars. 3rd Gen knocked me flat. Most ran $5K and up. Didn't even check 4th gen after seeing what 3rd gen cost.

Nightvision equip isn't cheap by a very long mile.

If anyone can find a decent set of NV 2nd gen goggle or monocular for under $500 please let us know.

Here's a link to a site that explains and shows the difference between 1st thru 4th gen NV devices. FWIW the quality of the image displayed on the site for 1st gen NV devices is much better than what I've seen in the real deal (though that was years ago - maybe 1st gen tech has gotten better).

oops... Forgot to post the link.

http://www.atncorp.com/hownightvisionworks

Latest posts

Top Bottom