Ninth Circuit: Felon Has ‘Right to Possess Firearm for Self-Defense’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no issue with a Felon whos paid his dues, getting full rights restored. If he screws up again, more time and no rights.
I know several good men who did time in the pokie and learned their lesson the hard way. They are good pillars of society now but not allowed to have a gun. Thats not right.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no issue with a Felon whos paid his dues, getting full rights restored. If he screws up again, more time and no rights.
I know several good men who did time in the pokie and learned their lesson the hard way. They are good pillars of society now but not allowed to have a gun. Thats not right.

I agree.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a joke! Those bastards want to disarm law abiding citizens but let a damn criminal carry a gun. :censored:
At this point, I have absolutely no respect for the legal system in this country.**insert middle finger emoji here**
Things like this are why the 9th is the most reversed in the country.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at a place that had two guys, not in prior business together. But, they both did a nickel in club .fed for narcotics trafficking. One of them ran our shop, was married, had a decent house. I wouldn't have any heartburn at all with either of them being legal to have a weapon. You'd never have known their past unless they told you.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at a place that had two guys, not in prior business together. But, they both did a nickel in club .fed for narcotics trafficking. One of them ran our shop, was married, had a decent house. I wouldn't have any heartburn at all with either of them being legal to have a weapon. You'd never have known their past unless they told you.
Same with one of my friends. He did HVAC until he got into the wrong crowd and learned, selling Meth was more profitable. He got busted and did a nickel in the fed prison. He was a model prisoner who kept to his self and stayed out of the gangs.
Early release at 5 years and went back into Air conditioning for an oil company, some here know of, called Cactus Drilling. I never knew it but apparently mud pumps and other equipment is house inside and must have constant AC to keep them from overheating and shutting down the operation.
He makes around anywhere from $190k to $250k and doesnt work every day depending on oilfield activity that year. Hardly gets called out at all in winter.
Workes alot in SW TX and Louisiana and drives from Wheatland OK, they pay him $1.50 a mile just to drive out and back plus his labor fee.
And he'd do anything for anyone who asked for some help.
Can't own a gun though.

ETA, a dangerous felon released from prison doesnt get a gun. My opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom