NM Gov Suspends Concealed & Open Carry in ABQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like they do this for attention knowing they can’t enforce it. Just dumb.
Yep, on one level.

Even the shooting examples they gave wouldn't have been affected by the ban. All the ones I read were done at their houses.

But I think it's also an effort to wear us down. After a while you start getting numb to the stupidity.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read that earlier. “Wary of” is not “will not enforce”.

Maybe I’m picking nits.
No, you're not 'picking nits'. Nowhere in that press release did the Sheriff state that he would support the 'temporary' (yeah, right) ban on law abiding citizens carrying (open or concealed) firearms. What he said was that he had 'reservations' about it (the ban) and would continue to work with the Governors Office to find a sustainable solution to the gun violence.

Be ever vigilant of the 'oily tongue' of the serpent politician!

Last edited:

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2018/2019 when the wife and I decided it was time to extricate ourselves from the PNW, we looked at several SW States. After some research, we quickly realized New Mexico was not an option (because of weak leadership like this throughout the state.) Glad we found Oklahoma.
Always happy to have another okie with patriotic values

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1694378791261834.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny too, It seems like the Lujan name is a big political family in NM. One person who shares the name and has a high office is James Lujan. He was Rio Arriba County Sheriff, got accused of two felonies, which miraculously got shut down with a judge declaring a misstrial. A few months later it got brought back up and he finally landed in prison. Funny though, it seems like everything on the internet has been scrubbed of his association with the governor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom