Open Carry, Concealed Carry and Crazy Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say shooting sports Rod. There are hoards of gun owners who do not engage in any sport other than heading down to their public range to act like idiots, drink beer, litter and talk loud to their buddies about how much of a bad-ass they are with their latest NC Star clamp on thingy.

There are "a lot" of reckless, negligent, and stupid accidents with firearms every year from those folks and from "sporting" folks. You could spend all day on youtube and google finding example after example.

Owning a gun doesn't = Expert
Owning a gun doesn't = Sportsman
Owning a gun doesn't = Law abiding citizen

I don't deny they exist, but I don't use that as an excuse to ban guns either. Some people do try to deny they exist and it hurts the cause a little I think. We should admit they exist, take ownership of it, point out the good work that is done to counter the behavior and point out the relatively low occurrence compared to other lawfully produced products.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should admit they exist, take ownership of it, point out the good work that is done to counter the behavior and point out the relatively low occurrence compared to other lawfully produced products.

I agree. I am particularly sensitive to the exaggeration of the numbers now being used in the highly financed Bloomberg campaign to register and ultimately ban guns as a "public health hazard."
I think we have a challenge to keep the truth out there against a wave of distortion and emotion.

And like it or not, anyone with a gun who has an emergency room injury of any kind with that gun is included in "the shooting sports accident rate" being reported and tracked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom