No Easy Day - Who has read it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty good book, all things considered. I think I agree with the author's insistence that he wrote it to have a truthful recording of the event in the public domain. I don't see any political slant to it, outside of the jabs at the CINC for the operation "getting him re-elected". That sounds like a typical, cynical military man's view of the disconnect between politics and military operations.

Most surprising was that it wasn't a "look how awesome I am" story from the author -- just a humble recollection of some of the things he'd done in his career in an elite military unit. That attitude jives with most of the folks I've met who do that job.

Let's face it: we'd know it was untrue if the story about the Maersk Alabama had him actually participating in the shooting and recovery of the Captain. By his story basically being, "I was a bystander, but those snipers who did the shooting were awesome," it shows that he's recounting at least something close to the truth.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finished reading this book over the weekend and it was pretty good. It was told in kind of a nested flashback style, rather than chronological from start to finish. It really highlights the devotion and sacrifices made by SEALs over the past 10 years. These guys were either on missions or in training for years at a time.

I would love to see a Polaroid of the "Staff of Power" somewhere in the Whitehouse...[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the spear of destiny?? Or, the lance of longinus?? The book is on my to read list too.

Beechnut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's awesome that the white house spurs little to no effort to figure out where the leaks about the operation come from HOURS after the announcement. But by God, the dude that made insurmountable family and personal sacrifices to keep you safe wants to talk about it...hang him high and brand him a traitor.

Great book and I was glad to send my money his way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom