No Handgun! - Who is responsible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Straitup

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
News today.
Gunman kills eight, Self in Connecticut. Officials say the gunman had been asked to resign before going on a rampage at a family-owned beer distributor company outside Hartford.

Since business owners are allowed to ban employees from carring hand guns, does this make them responsible for your life since we can't protect ourselves? Sure, you can now have it in your vehicle in the parking lot, but what good does that do in this situation? I think this law needs to be changed.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very valid question.

I know my employer has a no weapons policy technically not allowed so much as a pocket knife. They have security on premises (unarmed and I haven't even seen a baton or OC spray on them). The grounds are not secure, people come and go and the building security is lacking from what it could be as well.

yeah concealed is concealed but I would rather not risk it when it is employment. So are they and their unarmed security held responsible for employee safety in case of an issue?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
very valid question.

I know my employer has a no weapons policy technically not allowed so much as a pocket knife. They have security on premises (unarmed and I haven't even seen a baton or OC spray on them). The grounds are not secure, people come and go and the building security is lacking from what it could be as well.

yeah concealed is concealed but I would rather not risk it when it is employment. So are they and their unarmed security held responsible for employee safety in case of an issue?

If I were a victim or family member of a deceased victim, I'd damned sure sue them for failure to ensure the safety and security of people on their property! :mad:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I think businesses are wrong for banning guns - I believe they should have the right to do so

I agree. They should also have the right to pay out settlement claims for those injured on their property, due to inadequate safety and security measures. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom