No more picking "Rose Marie for the win"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember her from the Hollywood Squares, with George Gobel, Paul Lynde, etc.
Back when it was funny.

Rose Marie, the wisecracking Sally Rogers of The Dick Van Dyke Show and a show business lifer who began as a bobbed-hair child star in vaudeville and worked for nearly a century in theater, radio, TV and movies, died Thursday.
She was 94.
...The subject of the 2017 documentary Wait for Your Laugh, Marie often claimed she had the longest career in entertainment history. It spanned some 90 years, with co-stars ranging from W.C. Fields to Garfield the cat...
...She was born Rose Marie Mazetta of Italian-Polish parentage in New York City on Aug. 15, 1923.
...'My father worked as an arsonist for Al Capone,' Marie told People magazine in 2016. 'He used to burn down your warehouse if things weren't going the right way, but I didn't know that at the time. I was a child star and to me Al was my "Uncle Al," my mother used to cook for all these guys.
...A producer suggested that she would get more screen time if she had sex with him.
'And in front of everybody, I go, "You couldn't get it up if a flag went by,"' Marie, interviewed for Wait for Your Laugh, recalled saying. 'Which didn't sit too well with him. All my numbers were cut in the picture.'
She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2001.
...'I was asked what I wanted my legacy to be,' she wrote in one tweet. 'My answer, "That I was good at my job & loved every minute of it." I wish that for everyone.'
Marie is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Steven Rodrigues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...se-Marie-Dick-Van-Dyke-Show-fame-dies-94.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom