Noises you hate:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being at a friends house drinking beer at night walking out to what I thought was his shop not realizing it was his back neighbor's house to take a leak and hearing the sound of a 12 ga shell being chambered. It will make piss all over your self.
The end

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) Douchebags with loud motorcycles who feel the need to rev their stationary motorcycle in a parking lot.
2) When person above insists on letting everyone know, especially those sitting outside of the restaurant right in front of him that he has a motorcycle, by revving it loudly for several minutes.
3) When people scrape their silverware with their teeth. I've gotten used to it, but younger it would cause me to go into a fetal position if it didn't stop.
4) People who feel the need to type LOUDLY on the keyboard. Usually the "hunt and peck" types who feel the need to slam each key with 35 pounds of force with each stroke.
5) Habitual mouth breathers

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Misophonia

I alas suffer from this. Mainly unnecessary mouth sounds. chewing audibly, breathing audibly, people smacking between words, I want to kill all radio announcers that eat or sip coffee in the middle of a speech. mispronouncing certain words, etc.

You know you suffer from this when, these sounds happen and you stroke out temporarily with anger.

excerpt....

Misophonia, literally “hatred of sound”, is a form of decreased sound tolerance. It is believed to be a neurological disorder characterized by negative experiences resulting only from specific sounds, whether loud or soft.[1] The term was coined by American neuroscientists Pawel Jastreboff and Margaret Jastreboff.[2] The term is often used interchangeably with the term selective sound sensitivity.[3]

Unlike hyperacusis, misophonia is specific for certain sounds. Little is known about the anatomical location of the physiological abnormality that causes such symptoms but it is most likely high central nervous system structures.[4] It has been speculated that the anatomical location may be more central than that involved in hyperacusis.[5]

The emotional reaction to sound characteristic of misophonia is a respondent behavior.[6] A respondent behavior is elicited by a stimulus; an unconditioned response is elicited by an unconditioned stimulus. An example of this is a reflex such as the blink reflex, or pain or fear. With repeated pairings of a neutral stimulus and an unconditioned or conditioned stimulus, the neutral stimulus will elicit a physiological response similar to that elicited by the paired stimulus. When that happens, the neutral stimulus has become a "conditioned stimulus," and the reflex response is called a "conditioned response." In the case of misophonia, the respondent behavior elicited by the sound is often limited to or significantly stronger in specific individuals, supporting the premise that reaction to sound by a person with misophonia is a conditioned respondent behavior.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about loud pipes on bikes under a bridge, and they go ape stink revving those things.

My wife hates the words "Jolly Rancher", "Goiter", and "Cacti" the plural of cactus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom