Non-Resident CCW Permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of you on this board participated in the Non-Resident Utah Conceal Carry Course provided by Ron Snell or myself a few years ago. The permit was valid for 5 years and due to changes in the Utah law find that they can no longer renew the permit that was issued unless they first obtain the Oklahoma permit.

For those of you who have an unexpired or expired nonresident Utah permit and would like to renew I have an alternative for you. The Non-Resident Arizona permit is available to you. The Utah permit would meet the training requirement. I will provide you with the application, fingerprint cards, envelope and fingerprint you for $25. You can then submit the application and $60 fee to Arizona to obtain the Nonresident AZ conceal weapons permit.

The AZ permit is valid in the following states;
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

If you desire to obtain a CCW permit, are a student here in Oklahoma, in the military, or simply want to save time and money, I do offer a Nonresident AZ CCW class for $35 plus $25 for fingerprinting totaling $60.00 The class takes approximately 3hrs. incl. the fingerprinting and review of OK and AZ laws.

Many on here have taken classes from me. They have expressed satisfaction and referred many others to me as well. I try to provide students with a clear understanding of the legal, moral, ethical and financial responsibility involved in carrying a loaded firearm in public.

I also offer the Oklahoma CCW class for those interested.

For those who disagree with nonresident permits, as they do not have a shooting requirement, may I remind you the 2nd Amendment also does not have a shooting requirement. I would be willing to discuss the pro's and con's privately but ask you don't hijack the thread.

This course is offered as the most cost-effective and time-saving method to exercise your 2nd Amendment right to personal protection and self defense.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely want one of these. I already have my Oklahoma HGL. I have another purpose in mind. For my money, it's worth having a NR license AND an Oklahoma id card stashed away in my car or at home. In the event that I lose my wallet, I still have a handgun license and can still prove my identity and residency, if necessary. They fill the gap until i can get my primary documents replaced.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So let's see if I've got this right.

Take your class for $60, then another $60 fee to Arizona, and this CCW permit will allow you to conceal carry in Oklahoma, right.

Will it also allow open carry in Oklahoma?

Thanks.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely want one of these. I already have my Oklahoma HGL. I have another purpose in mind. For my money, it's worth having a NR license AND an Oklahoma id card stashed away in my car or at home. In the event that I lose my wallet, I still have a handgun license and can still prove my identity and residency, if necessary. They fill the gap until i can get my primary documents replaced.

Between the two you would be covered in the following states...

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took your utah non resident class back in 2010. Mine expires next year. I need to get off my a$$ and get my OK CCL.

For $25 I will do your finger prints and give you the application so you can get the AZ non-resident which will get ya another 5yr permit. Stop by the shop it won't take long. How did you like the class if I may ask?

Safe Home Consulting / Bear Beam Firearms
8722 E41st St
Tulsa, OK 74145

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would be all over this if I had the funds.

I will be contacting you as soon as I am able to make it happen.

Do you ever do classes in the OKC area?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom